A: Francis ROBINSON (4) (Charlotte Letitia McCutcheon-3; Samuel McCutcheon-2; Samuel McCutcheon-1) was born in Mulmur Township, Dufferin County on the 9th July 1849 and he died on the 15th March 1888 in Dufferin. He married Mary HARBISON on the 18th September 1872 in Wellington county. She was born on the 1st April 1848 and she died on the 16th July 1927 in Clyde, MI. She was the daughter of John Harbison and Nancy Balance.
NOTE: Francis was 11 years old when his mother died, 9 years old when his father died. On the 1881 Ontario Census Francis’ occupation was “farmer”. Francis died in 1887. Mary and the children first moved to Shelburne, Ontario by 1891 and then moved to Clyde, Michigan circa 1895.
~CHILDREN OF FRANCIS ROBINSON AND MARY HARBISON WERE~
- Charlotte Ann ROBINSON (5). See i following.
- Sarah Edna ROBINSON (5). See ii following.
- Jane Jennie May ROBINSON (5). See iii following.
- William John Herbert ROBINSON (5) (Francis Robinson-4; Charlotte Letitia McCutcheon-3; Samuel McCutcheon-2; Samuel McCutcheon-1) was born on the 3rd May 1881 in Mulmur Township, Dufferin County and he died on the 11 September 1915 in Niles, Michigan. He is buried at Pearle Cemetery.
- James Beverly ROBINSON (5) (Francis Robinson-4; Charlotte Letitia McCutcheon-3; Samuel McCutcheon-2; Samuel McCutcheon-1) was born on the 11th May 1884 Mulmur Township, Dufferin County and he died on the 12th November 1940 at the University of Michigan Hospital, Ann Arbour, MI. He is buried at Pearle Cemetery. He married Kate Evelyn JOHNSON (1887-1940) on the 10th June 1914.
NOTE: No children have been found for this couple in any historical records.
- Frances B ROBINSON (5). See iv following.
CHARLOTTE ANN ROBINSON (1873-1916)
i. Charlotte Ann ROBINSON (5) (Francis Robinson-4; Charlotte Letitia McCutcheon-3; Samuel McCutcheon-2; Samuel McCutcheon-1) was born on the 12th November 1873 in Mulmur Township, Dufferin County and she died on the 21st September 1916. She married Harold HOOVER circa 1910.
NOTE: Charlotte immigrated with her mother and siblings to Clyde, Michigan circa 1895. On the 1900 US Federal Census, her occupation was “Dressmaker”.
~CHILDREN OF CHARLOTTE ANN ROBINSON AND HAROLD HOOVER WERE~
- Harold HOOVER Junior (6) B. 1910 in Michigan.
SARAH EDNA ROBINSON (1876-1945)
ii. Sarah Edna ROBINSON (5) (Francis Robinson-4; Charlotte Letitia McCutcheon-3; Samuel McCutcheon-2; Samuel McCutcheon-1) was born on the 27th March 1876 in Mulmur Township, Dufferin County, ON. and she died in Detroit, MI. on the 25th March 1945. She married John Franklin SCHAFFER in January 1901 in Alleghany, MI. He was born on the 29th July 1877 in Elkhart, IN. and he died on the 8th September 1965 in Beaverton, MI.
NOTE: Sarah Edna (called Edna) immigrated with the rest of her family to Clyde, Michigan in 1895. On the 1900 US Federal Census her profession was “School Teacher.”
Sarah Edna Robinson – 1876 – 1945:
ILLNESS FATAL TO MRS. SHAFFER
Gladwin County Record dated 28 March, 1945 Column – 4 Page – 1
Mrs. Sarah Edna Shaffer, 69, resident of Tobacco Township, died Sunday, March 25, at the home of her son Paul Shaffer, in Detroit. She had been in poor health for the past eight months, and had, because of her health, just recently made her home with her son. Sarah Edna Robinson was born in Shelburne, Ontario, on March 27, 1876, and was married to John F. Shaffer, in St. Joseph, Michigan in January, 1901. She has been a resident of Gladwin County for the past 29 years.
Surviving are her husband; five sons, Paul, Robert and Cpl. James, all of Detroit, Cpl. Don stationed in the Philippines and Sgt. John, somewhere in the South Pacific; one daughter, Mrs. Margaret Fields, of Detroit; six grandchildren; and two sisters, Mrs. Eugene Paquin, of Bangor, Michigan and Mrs. Earl Beam, of Hartford, MI.
Funeral services will be held this afternoon (Wednesday) at 2:00 p.m. at the Brethren church with Rev. E. S. Hollinger, officiating and burial will take place in the Dale cemetery. For many years Mrs. Shaffer was the Record correspondent for Knoxville and her passing will be missed by many readers.
~CHILDREN OF SARAH EDNA ROBINSON AND JOHN FRANKLIN SCHAFFER WERE~
- Paul Robinson SCHAFFER (6) B. 12th March 1902 in Walloon Lake, MI. D. on the 15th December 1978 in Venice, FL. Paul was Cremated and his ashes Scattered in the Gulf of Mexico. He married Madonna Martha WARD (1902-1988) in 1922. Their children: John Paul (1929-1929); Barbara Jean (1930-1999); Shirley A (1936); Madonna M (1939; daughter unknown.
- Marian Beverly SCHAFFER (6) B. 1904 in Clyde, Alleghany, MI. D. 22 September 1934. He is buried at Dale cemetery. He married Erma Patterson in 1931. They had one son.
Marian Shaffer – 1901-1934:
Gladwin County Record dated 10 October 1934 Column – 4 Page – 2
Funeral services for Marian Shaffer, who was killed September 22 at Plymouth when he fell 50 feet while working on a construction job, were held Tuesday, September 25, from the Brethren Church of Beaverton. Rev. R. Norton officiated. Burial was in the Dale cemetery. Mr. Shaffer had been married only three years, having wed Erma Patterson at Dearborn in 1931. He was 30 years old. Surviving him, besides his widow, and an eight-months old son, are his father and mother, five brothers and one sister.
He first started working for the Beaverton Construction Company. For the last seven years he was employed by the McKenzie Company. At the time of his death he was working for the Jutton-Kelly Co.
“I cannot say, and I will not say — That he is dead. He is just away. With a cheery smile and a wave of his hand, He has wandered into another land. And left us dreaming; How very fair it needs to be, Since he lingers there. And you, Oh you who the saddest, Yearn for his old time step and his glad return. Think of his faring on as dear. In the love of There as the love of Here; Think of him still as the same, I say. He is not dead. He is just away.
- Donald Adrian SCHAFFER (6) B. 6th November 1906 in Clyde, Alleghany, MI. D. 20th September 1990 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Robert J SCHAFFER (6) B. 15th August 1910 in Clyde, Alleghany, MI. D. 1987 in Florida. He married Mildred M FRISK. Their child: Edwin.
- James Henry SCHAFFER (6) B. 28th October 1914 in Clyde, Alleghany, MI. D. 24th December 1984 in Los Angeles, CA. He married Mary Jane GIBSON (1928-2011). They had a son and a daughter.
- Margaret Beverly SCHAFFER (6) B. 15th September 1916 in Tobacco, MI. D. 12th January 1991 in Venice, FL. She married John H FIELDS (1911). Their children: Thomas Ardel; Marilyn.
- Harold Francis SCHAFFER (6) B. 11th December 1918 in Beaverton, MI. D. 15th January 1985 in Midland, MI.
OBITUARY Harold Francis Shaffer – 1918-1985
Gladwin County Record dated 23 January 1985 Column – 3 Page – 2
Harold F. Shaffer, 66, of 37 63 Shaffer Rd., Beaverton, died Tuesday, Jan. 15, in the Midland Hospital Center. Born in Beaverton Dec. 11, 1918, he was a crane operator for Local 324, Saginaw and a veteran of World War II.
Surviving are one son, Lee of Beaverton; one sister, Mrs. Margaret Field of Florida; 2 brothers, Donald of California and Robert of Florida; and 2 grandchildren. Burial was in the Dale Cemetery.
JANE JENNIE MAY ROBINSON (1878-1961)
iii. Jane Jennie May ROBINSON (5) (Francis Robinson-4; Charlotte Letitia McCutcheon-3; Samuel McCutcheon-2; Samuel McCutcheon-1) was born on the 11th July 1878 in Shelburne, ON. and she died on the 5th May 1961 in South Haven, IN. She married Eugene Milo PAQUIN circa 1904. He was born on the 13th January 1878 in Glenn, MI. and he died in November 1968 in Park Falls, WI. They are buried at McDowell Cemetery in Van Buren, MI. His parents were John Paquin and Emily Capell.
NOTE: Jane also immigrated with her family after her father died, to Clyde, Michigan. She was 22 years old at the time of the 1900 US Federal Census and was working. However, the record is badly faded. Her profession is illegible. They were living in the village of Fennville.
~CHILDREN OF JANE JENNIE MAY ROBINSON AND EUGENE MILO PAQUIN WERE~
- George Robinson PAQUIN (6) B. 20th April 1904. D. 11th January 1906 in Park Falls, WI.
- Marjorie Capell PAQUIN (6) B. 20th November 1905. D. 30th October 1966 in Park Falls, WI. Marjorie never married.
- Jean PAQUIN (6) B. 19th April 1908 in Calhoun County, Texas. D. 12th May 2001 in Park Falls, WI. She married James Leo MURPHY (1910-2002). ☺☺
- Madeline Charlotte (Dixie) PAQUIN (6) B. 17th January 1912 in Calhoun County, Texas. D. 5th September 2008 in Park Falls, Wisconsin. She married William Nathan SMART (1908-1980) on the 21st January 1937. They are buried at Nola Cemetery in Price Falls, WI. His parents were Claude James Smart and Ida Matilda Johnson. Their 3 children: James; Jeremy; John. ☺☺
- John Beverly PAQUIN (6) B. 6th May 1914 in Park Falls, WI. D. 20th January 1964 in Benton Harbour, MI. He married Doris Marie ROOD on the 20th December 1941. Her parents were Albert Edward Rood and Dorothy Mable Gapper.
☺☺ Lived to be a Nonagenarian or more.
FRANCES B ROBINSON (1888-1964)
iv. Frances B ROBINSON (5) (Francis Robinson-4; Charlotte Letitia McCutcheon-3; Samuel McCutcheon-2; Samuel McCutcheon-1) was born on the 16th September 1888 in Mulmur Township, Dufferin County and she died on the 25th September 1964 in Lawrence, Van Buren, MI. She married Harley Earl BEAM on the 22nd August 1907. He was born on the 7th November 1881 in Paw Paw, MI. and he died on the 14th August 1962 in Decatur, MI. His parents were John Beam and Alice Earle.
~CHILDREN OF FRANCES B ROBINSON AND HARLEY EARL BEAM WERE~
- Mary Edna BEAM (6) B. 16th July 1909. D. 16th December 1991 in St Joseph, MI. First she married Joseph BURNHAM (1906-1991) circa 1928. Their children: Beverly (1930-1978); Mary F (1932). Second she married Hazen Glen BROWNLOW (1906-1952) circa 1936. Their children: Bonnie M; Hazen Junior.
- Alice Maxine BEAM (6) B. 9th February 1912 in Berrein, MI. D. 25th September 1988 in Jackson, MI.
- Boyd Earl BEAM (6) B. 9th February 1911. D. 27th April 1911 in Allegan County, MI.
- Garth E BEAM (6) B. 31ST March 1913 in Michigan. D. 8th November 2000 in Gobles, MI. He married Lillian RUDEL (1925-1986) on the 22nd March 1947. They are buried at Watervliet They had one known daughter.
NOTE: He enlisted 3rd October 1940. World War II; US Military; Quartermaster Corps; Private; Philippine Department; 4 years high school; single, no dependants. In service 1941-1945; Africa – fought Rommel’s troops; Italy; Awards » EAME Theatre Medal » Good Conduct Medal; Member of Veterans of Foreign Wars; Henry Walters Post 2144 of Holland MI; Watervliet High School Class of 1932; Lived in Watervliet, Lawton, and Gobles MI; Watervliet Superintendent of Public Works from 1947 – 1977.
- Francis Bernard BEAM (6) B. 11th July 1917 in Michigan. D. January 1986 Searcy, ARK. First he married Dorothy M CONGDAN. Second he married Jean SANDERS. They had two known daughters.
NOTE: Enlistment record of Francis Bernard Beam – World War II; 29th July 1942; Enlistment State: Kalamazoo, MI; Branch: Branch – Warrant Officers, USA; Private; Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law; Civil Life; Education: 4 years of high school; Civil Occupation: Semiskilled occupations in manufacture of paper and pulp; Marital Status: Married; Height: 66; Weight: 126.
- Virginia B BEAM (6) B. 1918 in Michigan.
- Clare Herbert BEAM (6) B. 19th May 1921 in Berrein, MI. D. 2nd May 1998 in Michigan. He married Donna Belle FRAZIER on the 26th July 1947 in Hartford, MI. Their son: Robert.
NOTE: He enlisted 26th June 1942 in Kalamazoo, MI. World War II; ENLSITED: Warrant Officer Branch – Private. 4 years high school. Semi-skilled machine shop. Single with no dependants; U.S. Army – WW II; Infantry, Pacific Theater; Father of Robert (Bob) Beam, who served in Vietnam and the brother of Jared Earl Beam, Garth Beam, and Francis Bernard Beam all of whom served in WW11. John Jordan Beam, grandfather, served in the Civil War. Grandson, Richard Alan Beam, served during the Persian Gulf War-Desert Storm and grandson, Robert E. Beam II served during 1993-1997 in the USMC.
- Jared Earl BEAM (6) B. 1924 in Berrein, MI.
NOTE: Enlisted 30th November 1942; World War II; US Military – Air Corps; Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law; Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States.
CONCLUSION: This family Robinson name became extinct with this family.